- 1. We are celebrating our 5-Year-Anniversary in 2016!
- 2. We have new Extended Hours
- 3. Homeopathy is now a registered Health Profession
- 4. You can now claim our Homeopathic Treatment on your Medical Expenses
- 5. New Fees
- 6. The K-W Homeopathic Medicine and Wellness Clinic Advantage
- 7. New: Introducing SeaFlora Organic Facials
- 8. ION Construction
We hope that you have had a good start into the new year so far and wish you all the best for a happy, healthy and successful 2016!
Here at K-W Homeopathic Medicine and Wellness Clinic we’ve achieved some milestones and made changes to our services which we wanted to let you know about since you are already one of our patrons.
1. We are celebrating our 5-Year-Anniversary in 2016!
Thank you so much supporting us and trusting us with your health, wellness and beauty concerns. For us, building our clinic has been an exciting and challenging, but truly rewarding experience. We could not have done it without you!
Come in and help us celebrate by using your $ 25.00 Gift Certificate towards any health or beauty service offered at K-W Homeopathic Medicine and Wellness Clinic! Gift certificates will be available until the end of the year, one per person. Also, if you have a family member or a friend who you think might benefit from our services, let us know and we’ll write out a Gift Certificate in their name.
2. We have new Extended Hours
We are now open late on Thursdays, until 8.00 p.m. As well, we are here for you every second Saturday of the month, between 10.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. This way, we can better accommodate those whose schedule makes it difficult to come in during regular business hours. Please note also that we are closed on Fridays.
3. Homeopathy is now a registered Health Profession
It has been a long time in the making, but finally, the Homeopathy Act, 2007, was proclaimed on April 1, 2015. We have a new governing body, the College of Homeopaths of Ontario, and all practitioners of homeopathy were invited to register with the College. The advantage to you is that you can rest assured that your registered homeopath is a highly qualified professional.
4. You can now claim our Homeopathic Treatment on your Medical Expenses
The regulation of homeopathy in Ontario provides a number of benefits to the patients of registered homeopaths:
• Canada Revenue Agency now recognizes homeopaths as authorized practitioners for the purpose of claiming medical expenses,
• the list of insurance companies across Canada covering homeopathy is growing. Currently, registered members are recognized by the following insurance companies for supplemental health coverage (do check your individual plan):
Claim Secure Manulife
Green Shield Pacific Blue Cross
Medavie Blue Cross SunLife
5. New Fees
Please refer to our fee schedule for details on our new pricing effective January 1, 2016, which is in line with the Recommended Fee Guide for the professional services of Homeopaths. All prices are understood HST extra. To highlight the most significant changes:
• Our primary approach for constitutional treatment until now has been the extended 3-hour consultation. This is going up from $ 280.00 to $ 300.00. However, you now have the option of booking a standard constitutional consultation (up to 2 hours) for $ 200.00.
• We now offer shorter follow-up appointments of 30 minutes and 10 minutes in addition to the 1 hour follow-up.
• While the 15 % discount for children and seniors will no longer apply, some rates for adults have gone down. For example, a 1 hour follow-up is now only $ 90.00 ($ 95.00 previously for adults, and $ 80.00 for children and seniors). With the newly offered appointment times, we now have more flexibility in designing a treatment plan that is right for you.
• We have decreased the price for one ion foot detox session from $ 50.00 to $ 40.00, and the series of five from $ 200.00 to $ 150.00.
6. The K-W Homeopathic Medicine and Wellness Clinic Advantage
We realize that the cost of treatment is a deterrent to some and yet, we need you to stay in touch to get the maximum benefit out of your treatment. In thinking about a new approach that makes our services more affordable for you, while at the same time not causing us any difficulty, we have developed a program called “The K-W Homeopathic Medicine and Wellness Clinic Advantage”.
• With this program, everyone will have their individual billing year, which starts with the date of your first appointment and ends a year later. Once your spending has reached $ 500.00, we will provide any additional services you book for that year at half price. The deal applies to all health and organic beauty services, but excludes initial consultation and any promotional offers.
7. New: Introducing SeaFlora Organic Facials
We gave our Organic Beauty Services a big boost by introducing Seaflora’s Thalassotherapy-based facials. They are made up of a mixture of nutrient- laden whole seaweeds and rainforest botanicals, offering you an authentic, effective and luxurious spa experience. Seaflora seaweeds are the only certified organic seaweeds in the world used in skincare products.
• Wild seaweeds are rich in vitamins. Did you know wild seaweeds contain higher levels of vitamins A, B1, B2, B5, B12, and C, pantothenic acid, folic acid and niacin than fresh fruits and land vegetables?
• Seaweeds are also an important supply of 60 trace elements. They are a primary source of B12 and significant amounts of vitamins E & K and an excellent source of over 12 minerals, including potassium, calcium, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc & manganese. In addition to these nutrients & minerals, seaweeds are a treasure of nutritional concentrates that include all amino acids that help firm and renew tissues and fatty acids to increase fluidity of cellular membranes and to reduce inflammation. They also contain high levels, about 10 times more concentrated levels than land-based plants, of beta-carotene and polysaccharides to slow skin’s aging, treat acne, irritated skin, or eczema problems.
• This health-giving facial is definitely the way to go for ladies and gentlemen with allergies or chemical sensitivities, or who simply want to avoid harsh chemicals found in many beauty products.
8. ION Construction
It will be beautiful along King Street one day when our new Light Rail Transit (LRT) is up and running! But in the meantime, construction of Stage1 ION is still underway. A big thank you to all who have supported us throughout the past year by coming in from various alternate routes.
• Right now, our building is accessible from the King Street northbound lanes only. It’sbest to access King Street from Wellington, Louisa, Agnes, or Shanley and go northbound. Then turn left into our building. You will see our logo on the wall. We will try to give you a call ahead of your appointment to give you a heads up in case of any updates.
• As soon as the weather permits, crews will complete the installation of curbs, base asphalt and sidewalk and this already will feel so good for us as it means cleaner surroundings. Please bear with us. It can only get better!
For a complete listing of our services and fees please refer to the corresponding section on our website. You can book an appointment online or call us directly at (519) 603-0505. We’d love to see you!
Irene Schwens Hom, DHMHS, C.Tran.
Owner / Homeopath Registration #15241
“The physician’s highest and only calling
is to make the sick healthy, to cure, as it is called”
— Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, §1, Organon of the Medical Art —
Jennifer Schwens RPN
If you can’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin!